We're on the search for a Director of Coaching at DME Academy, Sarasota
About DME Academy, Sarasota
DME Academy, Sarasota is changing the youth soccer game in Florida. We are building the next generation of aspiring soccer athletes who share a passion for development and a common trait of true commitment. Male & female athletes, aged 7-18 are welcome to join our competitive academy.
With a unique training model, a community of like-minded & invested families, and player pathways that exist - DME Sarasota Soccer is on the rise.
Start date: We are flexible for the right candidate. The desired start date is between Jan 1, 2023 - April 1, 2024.
Director + 1 team = 52k+-
Director + 2 teams = 70k+-
Director + 2 teams & Day Training with School Program = 75k+-
High Level Job Description
Director of Coaching Expectations and Responsibilities:
Duties will include but are not limited to developing and promoting soccer for recreational and competitive youth players as well as conducting coach educational courses, recruiting and supervising qualified trainers, plan, implement, and manage player development clinics and related educational opportunities.
The scope of the DOC role extends to every player, team, division, and program across the entire club/academy. The DOC will be expected to comply with the vision of DME Academy, Sarasota listed below:
"We demand focused, competitive, and committed participation from our players and their families. This doesn’t mean that your athlete has to be the best. It does mean that they are willing to work to be the best version of themselves.
At DME Sarasota:
- We practice to win and we play to win.
- We expect our players and their families to share that vision when it comes to their development.
- We are committed to growth, the game, and each other. No exceptions."
- Coach no less than one, and as many as two teams.
- Attend/lead weekly meetings with the leadership team (manager) and monthly meetings with the coaching staff.
- In conjunction with the Soccer Leadership Committee, assist in defining and deploying the club‘s training program, defining the philosophy of play by age and level in a formal document. Take the lead on creating the said document.
- Lead & log, disciplinary action regarding trainers, coaches, parents, and players – all serious matters should be reported to the Manager.
- Define the code of conduct policy and process. Respond to parents within 2 business days on matters or delegate to coach but follow the engagements as needed.
- Be an easily accessible person who maintains a good rapport with coaches, parents, and players responding to all inquiries within 24-48 hours (if not sooner).
Player Development Responsibilities:
- Attend games and training sessions to ensure the ‘philosophy’ of the club is being followed.
- Be present at the club at least 5 days per week (exact schedule TBD with Manager as fields/game assignments are met)
- Develop and implement a player evaluation process to provide appropriate periodic feedback.
- Recruit top talent in the area with the goal of building the best teams in the state.
- Help promote Sarasota athletes to affiliate USL affiliates and DME Daytona HS National Team representation.
Coaching Development Responsibilities:
- Recruit and assign coaches to certain programs and teams across the organization.
- Evaluate staff turnover, ensuring coaches have development opportunities.
- Manage all feedback, make observations, mentor staff, etc.
- Create a program for staff development.
- Lead meetings, clinics, and seminars to assist improvement in training and parent coaching.
- Provide feedback and ongoing development to ‘guide’ staff towards the mission of DME Academy Sarasota.
- Develop and implement a coach/trainer evaluation process.
- Create long and short-term seasonal plans for the club and provide guidance to team coaches in designing their own team’s seasonal plans.
- To assess, evaluate, and give written feedback to coaches and trainers.
- To design manuals and information packets for coaches.
- To design and implement player, and coach evaluation forms.
- To design training priorities for each age group and level;
- Assist and help coaches to develop their season plans and goals.
- Collaborate on the budget (coach hiring) with the Manager.
- If the 2024 school program is on pace, run practice/training sessions daily.
- Collaborate on league selection and team placement with the Manager.
- Create & manage additional training programs such as Early Dev, Futsal Fridays, Sand Soccer, Tryout/Evaluation, and seasonal associated programs.
- Identify players capable of moving between (Across) programs.
- Ensure that any new mandates from our governing bodies and or leagues are presented to the Manager for evaluation and potential implementation as well as distribution of information to coaching staff.
- Manage game day operations (e.g. EA League set up/tear down requirements).
- Organize, manage, and oversee additional programs, tournaments, camps, and clinics at the discretion of the Manager.
- Assist in the design and execution of a college recruiting program at the High School ages. (Consider using a “showcase concept” and partnering with DME in Daytona to follow through.
- Provide content ideas for the website to highlight areas of improvement.
- Own the Tryout Program.
- Produce and distribute tryout flyers to surrounding locations, including schools.
- Tryout T-shirt coordinate order and numbers;
- Assemble player recommendations and meet with coaches to make selections.
- Help coaches with phone calls to parents and players not selected to be part of the club.
- Design a parent education program.
- Organize and conduct summer camps with the coaching staff for FCGS players.
- Responsible for finding any outside camp or clinic that will help develop the club and its players;
- Bring in experts such as state, regional, and national staff coaches, to present clinics.
- Other duties as needed to support the club are decided by the Manager.
- Possesses a minimum of USSF “A or B” License or higher or equivalent from other countries and associations. Candidates possessing the NSCAA or foreign license are also considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of coaching experience.
- Playing ability at the professional, semi-pro, college, elite club level soccer.
- Be responsible with a mature personality and possess a positive, solutions-focused personality.
- DoC will train no less than one team within the organization. Ideally, two.
- DoC will fill in as needed to help his coaching staff.
- DoC must perform the Director of Coaching duties as described in the “Director of Coaching Expectations and Responsibilities” list below.
- The DoC cannot have a professional affiliation with any other soccer club unless agreed to at the time of signing an employment contract.
- The DoC cannot train players in any other soccer organization – individually, by the team, or otherwise unless approved by the Manager.
- The Doc must disclose all outside affiliations and/or conflicts of interest that may exist.
- Must be able to stand for an extended period of time.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
- Hold integrity and follow moral and ethical values.
- Committed to working nontraditional hours such as nights and weekends.
- Computer experience and knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Office, Quick Books, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, registration programs, and website management programs are required.
- Background check.